10 Audrey Hepburn Inspired Pieces Available at ASOS

by - August 13, 2018

 


In an interview with Barbara Walters, Audrey Hepburn says "My looks are (therefore) attainable, because they (women) can look like Audrey Hepburn if they wanted to, by cutting off the hair, by buying the large glasses, by having the little sleeveless dresses...." after explaining why she thinks she appeals to many women. Whatever the matter, one think I know for sure, is that her style still lives on for many women to see and replicate today.

 

In regards to this matter, today I have compiled a list of clothing pieces I have found at ASOS. I think ASOS is a great site with a wide variety of clothing pieces and brands to choose from thus I  give you 10 Audrey Hepburn-esque Clothing Pieces Available at ASOS..

   

  1. ASOS DESIGN Tall off shoulder fitted top in black

Image result for ASOS DESIGN off shoulder fitted top 

The first thing that comes to mind about Audrey's style are wide necklines. This specific piece from ASOS reminds me so much of her style. Wear this piece with an a-line skirt or trousers. The model's thick hoop earrings are also very Hepburn-esque, so if you want to take it that extra mile add in those too.

2. Stradivarius paper-bag tie waist jeans

 Image result for ASOS stradivarius paperbag jeans

   Anything high-waisted with belts is also very Audrey. These Stradivarius paper-bag jeans from ASOS clearly represent this sense of chic style, giving your outfit a Hepburn sort of flare without trying too hard.



 3. Esprit V Neck Ribbed Stripe Top

Image result for Esprit V Neck Ribbed Stripe Top

Striped tops can never go out of style, especially in Hepburn's book. Pair this top with black trousers or pants with red ballet flats for a pop of color. 

4. ASOS DESIGN square neck prom dress

Image result for ASOS DESIGN square neck prom dress black

This is a dress I think every Audrey Hepburn fan will fall in love with.. I mean why wouldn't you? It's got the beautiful square neck with thick straps which can even be worn over a button down white shirt to make it look more casual..

5. Liars & Lovers Triangle Pastel Gem Statement Earrings

 Image result for Liars & Lovers Triangle Pastel Gem Statement Earrings

  If you've watched Breakfast at Tiffany's then you'll know that Audrey Hepburn has on beautiful statement earrings throughout the movie. They were mostly big and glamorous looking ones that added a statement to her outfit. Audrey mostly wore very simple, elegant looking clothing and against it all, her statement earrings made everything look so chic.

6. Mango gingham midi dress in black white check

Related image\


Out of nowwhere this whole gingham trend started, and everyone was wearing gingham- gingham skirts, tops, pants, you name it! If you know me, you know I am not that into overly-trendy pieces, (unless it is something I really like). However, this specific gingham piece I found at ASOS mixes both modern and classic together in one whole package. I gotta tell you though, the bow detail on the shoulders was what hooked me though, I knew I had to include it in this list..

7. ASOS DESIGN corset midi dress with popper detail and pep hem  

Image result for ASOS DESIGN corset midi dress with popper detail and pep hem

This sort of reminds me of the famous Breakfast at Tiffany's dress yet a more wearable version of it. I specifically love the length and the button detail, which gives it a "vintage look", again without having to try so hard. 

I really love how Audrey Hepburn made bizarre hats look so good. If you've watched any of her films, especially Sabrina, you'll notice these cool looking headpieces she wore. This one right here looks elegant yet edgy with the feather pin. 

9. ASOS DESIGN Top With 3/4 Sleeves And Sweetheart Neck

Image result for ASOS DESIGN top 3/4 sweetheart

A simple, timeless yet girly looking top that can be worn in many ways, it's a nice way to change up the old plain black shirt. 


10. ASOS DESIGN Leeva Peeptoe Ballet Flats

This is one of my favorites from the whole list! I can imagine this looking really good with red painted toe-nails. And.. when you think about it these can be paired up with basically any clothing piece I;ve mentioned above, and that is the best part. These are so versatile and sophisticated looking.



All Photos Retrieved from ASOS. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Instagram Feed